Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

DT Jackson, Handsome Distraction, Still Within - Thursday March 24 - Rehab Nightclub

Hello, it's Jeff Bauman.  Bassist of Moss Rock and owner of this blog.  I don't do much blogging on here.  That's usually up to DT Jackson.  However, seeing that Thursday March 24 was a DT Jackson show I figure it would be weird if he were to do a review on himself.  So I guess I'll just start typing.

The show was supposed to be the three bands that you see in the title.  However, Handsome Distraction had to cancel for some unknown reasons.  I didn't stick around long enough to see any other bands like Still Within or whoever it is that Handsome Distraction had fill in for them, if it where anyone.

So all I really saw was DT Jackson.  His show was WAY better than last time I saw him play.  His vocals seemed to be more "on" and he really rocked the stage.  This was a side of DT I haven't seen much of.  I personally thought it was great and so did my good friend that I had sitting with me.  We were surprised on the progress DT Jackson seems to be showing in his music.   When you go to the myspace you may think "wow, these recordings aren't all that great".  Which is kind of what I think (no offense DT, just a point of view).  So when it comes to the live performance, well, it's a ton better than his recordings.  Most bands work in the opposite way, the live performance just isn't as good as the recording.  However, I feel that with the recordings DT has that there may just be too many vocals on vocals and some vocals are out of time.  When it comes to the live show everything is just much more raw and natural.  This is the sound I like more than the built up amount of tracks of vocals he has going on with recordings.  I hope his new album has this more natural live sound than what he has had in the past.  If you get a chance, go see DT Jackson.  The live performance rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment